"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting for Me

This is Gabriel, my West Highland Terrier, waiting for me to come home.  As soon as he hears my car he comes to the front window to verify it's me.




Then he runs to the basement door and sticks his head through the cat door to wait for me to come up the stairs from the garage. 



This is why we love dogs, isn't it!  Their loyalty.  Their enthusiastic greeting.  Gabriel will follow me around the house and plop himself nearby.  If he awakens to find me gone, he'll go in search of me, usually holding one of his toys in his mouth as an offering--perhaps to apologize for falling asleep while on-guard?  If my feet are bare, he'll lick my toes.  And when I bend down to greet him, he always snuffles my ears and licks my face.  Such devotion!


I can't help but get a picture of how God must desire that kind of devotion from us.  Yes, I can see now why Gabriel came into my life.  He's my reminder that God is always seeking to have all of me.


Father, may I never forget that You desire my whole heart.


Link to scripture:  Matthew 22:7

No comments:

Post a Comment