"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wishy Washy

This is how I felt when I woke up this morning:




Believe me.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  That's why I'm letting my cat, Poetry, illustrate the point for me.  As I settled back into bed with my cup of coffee to read my daily devotionals one especially struck home to me and spoke to the mood I was in.  Alan Cohen in "Deep Breath of Life"  states, "Make a stand for your truth and your truth will take a stand for you."  It got me to thinking about all the things I'm wishy washy about.  That got me to thinking about my washing machine.....




.....how mine will tangle everything up.   After they go through the agitator the sheets will be long twists of rope which actually tie themselves into a knot!  Shirts will come out turned inside out.  Pants will be threaded through the legs of underwear.  In other words--wishy-washy--as in "limp, spiritless and indecisive"--in the sense the clothes no longer maintain some semblance of order!


I realized I need to take a stand for truth if I wanted the support I craved.  No one else can do that for me.  Too often I wait for affirmation or in some way depend on others to confirm for me that I'm doing the right thing.  I really must look only to God using all the resources He's given me--scripture, prayer, and His Holy Spirit.   He is my source, if I've given Him my whole heart, and just like the different cycles of my washer--wash, rinse, spin--He washes me from all sin, rinses away the residue (my guilt-ridden conscience), and squeezes out all the excess water (the things I depended on instead of Him) so that I can then dry in the warm sun and gentle breeze as He prepares me to be of use to Him.




Father, may Your Spirit be the wind beneath my wings.


Link to scripture:  Isaiah 40:31

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Truth is the two edged sword , going in with cutting out the darkness and pulling it out with a clean revelation of God's presence there all the time, all the time... God is the wind and He is our wings too. always loved this song. Many thanks xx Merri and surely know it is a practice.. I enjoyed how you illustrated with dear Poetry. xx

    ReplyDelete