"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Friday, March 2, 2012

Gravitational Pull Part II

Yesterday I referred to my Vertigo in my Gravitational Pull post and  how it compared to the downward pull of the Ego.  I went on to say how it felt like falling down the hole in Alice in Wonderland. 


I found this trailer of the latest movie version of the story, Alice in Wonderland (Trailer), showing Alice falling down the hole.  The Rev. Charles Dodgson, aka Lewis Carroll, wrote his story in response to an outing in a rowboat with a friend and the three young daughters of the Dean of Christ Church.  One of the daughters, named Alice, loved the story he told them and asked that he write it down for her.  As with all great stories his story is rife with symbolism.  You can read more about the symbolism in Alice in Wonderland here:  Symbolism

The impetus for starting my Another Perfect Day Blog was because of the spiritual symbolism of everyday happenings that I kept noticing.   I believe God is speaking to us constantly through all things if we would just pay attention.  I remember back in the 1980's there was an author who used the phrase "God Spy" like in the child's game of "I Spy".  He made a practice of noticing things that happened in his life that had God's "fingerprints" all over them.  An example in my own life during that same time was the thank you card I'd just opened from a teenager in our church for whom I'd given a baby shower.  Because she'd conceived this child before marrying the baby's father she was quite surprised that the church would give her a shower.  On the front of the note card was a picture of a small Violet.  I was still standing at the mailbox at the end of our driveway, card in my hand, waiting for my young son to get off the school bus when he and the neighborhood girl came up to me after walking the short distance from the bus.  Along the way little Abby had picked a flower and proceeded to hand it to me.  It was a Violet.  I get goosebumps still just thinking about it.  In that moment I felt that little flower was God saying thank you, too.


Father, thank you for making Yourself known to me in ways that I can perceive and understand.  


Link to scripture:  Romans 1:20


Take action: Nurse-Family Partnership

No comments:

Post a Comment