"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Way


We watched The Way (⇽link to trailer) last night.   This⇾ music played in the background of one of the many poignant scenes.  There is a flashback scene where the father is driving his son to the airport for his trip.  His son suggests they turn around so he can pack a bag and go with him.  The father says,  "Most people don't have the luxury of just picking up and leaving it all behind.  My life here might not seem like much to you, but it's the life I choose."  His son says, "You don't choose a life, Dad, you live one."


Today's "Our Daily Bread" devotional quotes Psalm 142:3 (NKJV):  "When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path."  The writer went on to say, "Sometimes the path of life seems impossibly steep and lengthy.  I have no strength and no will for the journey.  Then I remember God knew this path long before I was called to walk it."  I find that very comforting--that God knows the path I'm called to walk. When I was younger I was so preoccupied with trying to make sense of my life that I often forgot to live it.  Like the son's words to his father, I didn't choose my life, but I am called to live it.  The more I trust God, the more I'll be able to live the life I've been given, taking joy in the journey even in the difficult spots because I know He's there, learning and growing along the way, helping others when I can, and eventually reaping the rewards of a life well-lived.  


Father, it takes courage to live a life fully, but I know by trusting in You it is possible.


Link to scripture:  Proverbs 3:5


Take action:  Pilgrimages







No comments:

Post a Comment