"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Monday, October 28, 2013

Matching Funds


Organizations like International Rescue Committee (IRC) reach out to help refugees all over the world like these Syrian children in the above photo.  IRC sent me an e-mail telling me that if I donated money right now the Newman's Own Foundation would match my donation.  How could my heart refuse such an offer!  

The Holy Spirit also "matches funds" in our lives.  God has placed great potential in each of us and it's up to us to grow and protect it and to use it wisely.   For every effort we make He's there to assist us in reaching our goal.  He makes a "deposit" and expects us to use it for His purposes like in the parable of the "talents" (Matthew 25:14-28).  He does not abandon us to our own devices, but rather aids us in our work for Him.  2 Timothy 1:14 tells us to "Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you--guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us."  As Myles Munroe puts it, "The Holy Spirit can't work for you unless you are working."

Father, just because I might not see anything bearing fruit from my efforts is no reason for me to quit working.  Thank you for this reminder to keep on keeping on.

Link to scripture: 1 Peter 4:10

Take action:   Give Here

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment