"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Saturday, May 3, 2014

O, Holy One

This is the first in a series of scriptures that have been put into a song.  At the bottom of the page you can listen to the song by clicking on the album cover.
                                              

Psalm 40

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. 2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. 3He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. 4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. 5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. 6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced; burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require. 7 Then I said, "Here I am, I have come-- it is written about me in the scroll. 8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." 9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulnessand salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly. 11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me. 12 For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me. 13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me. 14 May all who seek to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin be turned back in disgrace. 15 May those who say to me, "Aha! Aha!" be appalled at their own shame. 16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!" 17 Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.

                                                             

                           

2 comments:

  1. And I come here Cathy, to thank you for your visit, and what I have to say also pales in comparison to the holy word of GOD that speaks truth and cuts gently into our souls. I cried out to the Lord just recently, and HE HEARD MY CRY and has turned my mourning into joy...that is true, and it will always be.

    You as SO kind to come to enjoy my posts. God fills me up and uses my simple style to lift myself up...because I just need to communicate. I enjoy poetry so much, I long to be a good poet, but what our Lord has taught me is to LISTEN to Him. The rest falls into place.

    THANK YOU for your uplifting words on my post, thank you for this TIMELY share of His word for me. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank YOU, again, for sharing what God is doing in your life. It is an encouragement to me. He is teaching me--or I should say, I am just now learning (for He's always teaching) to listen to my heart--where He resides. O, Holy One is a very special song in my life. I sang it once in church many, many years ago--that in itself was His doing. At that time it was a prayer--a promise given to me of what He would be to me one day.

    ReplyDelete