"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Plans


"Plans are useless, but planning is invaluable." --Winston Churchill

This is where we throw the sticks I pick up in the yard.  It makes great kindling for our camp fires.  There are several piles of sticks set aside waiting until they are needed. ...
 

Mark Nepo says, "Plans are kindling to every fire, and no two fires are the same."  I can understand the difference between plans and planning once I use Nepo's kindling example. 

Often times plans have to be abandoned or salvaged, saving what we can of them.   If plans are set in stone, then we are in danger of failing.  But if our plans can be used to build another, different "fire," then they are not wasted....

Mark Nepo explains it this way.... "Lay your plans before your heart like sticks of kindling....not knowing what fire they will light in you, enter your day looking for the spark."  

What plans have you made that did not work out?  All your planning did not go to waste if you used it to spark a new and better idea.

Father, you have given me the building materials of my life and I have made plans.  But too often I abandoned my plans all together when they did not pan out because I did not understand my planning could still be used as kindling for a better life.  Thank you for showing me that even failed plans will not go to waste. 

Link to scripture: Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment