"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Sunday, January 18, 2015

There's No Comparison

The title above is from a chapter in T. D. Jakes' book, Woman, Thou Art Loosed--The Book and Devotional for Women. . . .

I've not read the book, but instead am reading the attached devotional on which the book is based.  In this chapter he writes, "The tragedy related to developing our own sense of attractiveness is twofold:  we compare ourselves to others, and we allow others to define for us what is attractive"......God "made you for Himself."  He asks an all-important question:  "Are you so busy trying to change yourself that you have neglected to praise God for who He made you to be in the first place?"  

In today's Another Perfect Day 365, the companion Blog to this one that I started the first of the year, I talk about my perfectionism.  When I read Jakes' words that God, "made [me] for Himself" I suddenly realized that 2015 is going to be the year of the Treasure Hunt.  It's going to be the year I finally stop trying to be something I am not for others and start being who God made me to be for Himself.  

One of my goals I've set for myself this year is to become so Joy-filled that people will notice something has happened in me.  This is the Treasure Hunt I realize I'm on--I'm searching for the priceless treasure that lies hidden in me--the image of God that I was made in.  Hidden in me is all I need to be and out of that will come all that I need to do.  

Father, I, too, am a strong-willed child, but then you know that because You made me to be that way.  May I use it for Your Glory and not to get my own way.

Link to scripture: 2 Corinthians 4:7

Take action:

                                

.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment