"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Saturday, May 30, 2015

A Riddle

Do you know the answer to this riddle. . . .

              "What is greater than God,
                more evil than the devil, 
                the poor have it, 
                the rich need it, 
                and if you eat it you will die?"  -- from Our Daily Bread



When I read the first line of this riddle I immediately declared, "Nothing's greater than God!"   But as I continued reading the other lines of the riddle I have to admit I gave up.  I couldn't think of what could be more evil than the devil and greater than God at the same time.  So I skipped ahead and read the answer:  Nothing.

This was a very enlightening exercise for me.  It seems I DID know the answer.  I just didn't realize it.  In other words, I didn't make what I knew to be true real.  It's made me wonder how many times the answer to some problem has been right there, but I just didn't see it because I was trying too hard to figure it out on my own or over-analyzing the situation.  I felt God was using this to show me, once again, that there is nothing greater than Him--including my problems.  I just need to seek Him and the door shall be opened.  

Father, complicating things is often a way to avoid doing what we already know to be true.  Help me to see and hear clearly and then be willing to step through the open door.

Link to Scripture:  Matthew 7:7

Take action:  Nothing is greater than God
                  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment