"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hope and Faith


"We've been warned against offering the people of this nation false hope.  But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." --Barack Obama


Today is the official Inauguration of President Obama's second term in office.  I found the above quote in today's reading in Alan Cohen's "A Daily Dose of Sanity".  Cohen went on to quote President Obama's response when asked if he had doubts whether or not he'd win the election.  He said, "Yes, I had doubts that I would be elected.  But I did not doubt that I could be elected."

I think this is why I supported Barack Obama's bid for the Presidency then and again for another term.  His outlook on life and what he hoped to accomplish as President has always been positive and from a desire to serve.  And even though he did not accomplish everything he'd hoped to accomplish in his first term, I think he will be an even better President for having learned more about his own strengths and weaknesses and how he should proceed. 

I think he sets a wonderful example of what faith is--it's believing that anything is possible and then seeking to do one's part in making it happen.  Cohen points out that we close the door to miracles when we start believing in our limitations and those of others instead of believing that anything is possible.  Christians, of all people, should not have to be reminded of this!  Jesus tells us, "With God all things are possible."

Father, may I never lose sight of the possibilities that are always there waiting for me to claim if I would just believe.

Link to scripture:  Matthew 19:26

Take action:  Lord, Help Me to Know You

No comments:

Post a Comment