"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

God's World





The other day I was sitting outside enjoying the warm weather and the newly budding trees.  As I lay back in the lounge chair and closed my eyes, I could hear the bird song and feel the breeze that suddenly came up.  I wished someone would stop by and join me.  I wanted very badly to share it.

This got me to thinking about how we are all visitors in God's world.  When I have visitors I provide everything they will need while they're here.  I plan activities I think they'll enjoy.  I try to give them little jobs to do, like setting the table, so they will feel more a part of the family.  This is what God does for us.  And just like I love knowing that my guests are enjoying their stay in the little world I've created in my home, God loves knowing that we appreciate all that He provides for us.  

Tomorrow is Earth Day.  It's a day that brings the world's attention to the efforts the Earth Day Network is taking all year long to protect our natural resources.  As a guest here on Earth I hope you will check out the website to see what you can do to help protect God's World.

Father, thank you for the lovely home you have created for us to visit.  I'm sorry that I've not always been a good guest and have not shown my appreciation.  I already recycle, reuse, and buy local for the most part, but help me to learn even more ways I can be a better guest and not take for granted all You provide for me.

Link to scripture:  Psalm 24

Take action:  May we be better stewards of all that God has given us during our stay here on Earth. . . .

                                

2 comments:

  1. Spot on, Cathy! Thank you for this lovely reminder of all that we're blessed to see, hear, and touch; may we each share in the responsibility to preserve and maintain what God has granted us here on Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Thanks for your comment, Sharon. ♡

    ReplyDelete