"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Today

 

"This is the day the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it."  

-Psalm 118:24



I gave this statue of Mother and Child to my mother one Mother's Day a few years after I became a mother myself.  It represented how I felt about motherhood, but not how I had perceived my own  mother's nurturing skills.  To nurture means "caring for and encouraging the growth of." Perhaps that's why she gave it back to me when she was doing some decluttering in her apartment about 10 years later.


That was a long time ago.  She's been gone 26 years now, yet I find myself needing to nurture something because I never felt nurtured while under her care.  One of my posts the first year of this blog was on the topic of Purpose and how being a mother gave me that.  I know I've touched on the topic time and time again over the years because once my children grew up and left home I struggled to find purpose again.  


But TODAY, after rereading another of my blog posts from that first year entitled, What the World Needs Now,  I realize I have an even higher calling all along.  It's just that it's taken this long for me to let go of what I thought was my only purpose in order to see it.  That's because I was actually trying to nurture myself by nurturing my children.  When they no longer needed or wanted that from me, I started nurturing my garden.  Then I got a dog thinking that would be something to nurture.  I started this blog in an attempt to nurture others.  Grandchildren eventually came along, but I am only in their lives occasionally.  So, what to do with my time was still a question for me.


Now, TODAY, God is showing me I just need to live one day at a time and be grateful for life itself.   I shouldn't judge my purpose by what I do, but rather by who I am.  I am a child of God, fully accepted and loved by Him because of what Jesus has done for me.  The nurturing I've needed all along He provides.  He nurtures me in ways a parent could never do and I am only able to nurture others in the way He does when I rest in Him.   


So, what is my purpose?  The answer to that is a question:  What does the world need most?  God's Love!  Nurturing is only one way to be God's love.  When we rest in God, life becomes an adventure of discovering ways to be His Love.  TODAY I shall rejoice and be grateful in all things so that I can be His Love wherever it is needed.


Father, thank you for showing me the way, never giving up on me, always loving me.  May I never forget to be grateful.


Link to scripture:  1 Corinthians 13:13


Take Action:  What the World Needs


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment