"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Father's Day

 "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction in the Lord."  -Ephesians 6:4



I wonder if this photo of my dad and me with Snowball, my dog, was taken on Father's Day that year.  I was four and a half.  Everyone looks so happy, but in reality my dad wasn't happy.  He had many struggles throughout his life.  And because of those struggles and his inability to deal with them, he did not follow the precept of Ephesians 6:4.  Nevertheless, I gave my life to God a few years later.....maybe, even, because of my father's struggles.  

When I was 28 it was my dad who gave me a Living New Testament because I'd told him I didn't understand the King James version.  That same year I found myself drawn to attend a Quaker Meeting.  It was there I became aware of the Holy Spirit Who then opened up the scriptures to me as I read that New Testament.  I know the timing was not coincidental for later that year my dad died by his own hand.  You see, he had confessed Christ as his Savior the same year I did when I was eight, but He did not walk in the Way of the Lord.  Instead, he followed the path that alcohol led him down until eventually he lost his way.  God still had ahold of him, but he didn't call upon God to help him overcome his addiction.

My dad died that year, but my Father did not die.  My Father, God, who is the true Creator of me.....my Real Father,  remains in my life because I've let down my guard and invited Him into my heart.  Any struggles I have I take to Him and He fulfills ALL the promises He has made in the scriptures about being there for me.

I encourage anyone who does not know their real Father, to get to know Him.  He will never disappoint.  He will always be there for you.  He will love you no matter what.  You just need to come when He calls.

Father, today and every day I give you honor and glory because you are my Father.

Link to scripture:  Philippians 4:20

Take Action:  God is waiting to be your Father....


                           

ADMIN NOTE:  Blogger hosts this blog and has decided to discontinue the Follow by Email feature.  What this means is you will no longer be notified when I do a new post.   If you are already a Follower (see sidebar) and have a Blogger Blog, you will continue to receive notification on your Reading List. If not, and, if you are still interested in receiving notifications, I would appreciate it if you would leave a comment below with your first name and the first three characters of your email address so that I can pull your address from the list and send you an email notification myself. Or, you can just check in at the end of each month to see my new post for that month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment