"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Monday, November 20, 2017

Living Thanksgiving


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms."  -Ephesians 1:3







With the Thanksgiving holiday swiftly upon us I have my list of things to do:  Gather recipes✔ Shop✔ Clean House✔  Bake pies✔ Prepare what I can ahead of time✔  Set the table✔ Make a list of what I'm thankful for✔

The last item on my list I have being doing all year on Another Perfect Day 365, the sister blog to this one.  The first post on this blog at the beginning of the year was about Thanks-Living and my intention to write about what I was thankful for and post it daily on Another Perfect Day 365.  I found it to be a wonderful exercise in keeping my thoughts on what is "true... noble.... right.... true.... lovely.... admirable" as Paul admonishes the Philippians (4:8), "If anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."  

The Take Action link on that post, Be a Blessing, would make for good table talk this Thanksgiving with your loved ones.  I'm going to print out a quote or scripture and place one at each plate for people to read aloud.  Being grateful should spur us on to do good works.  It could be simply being kind to those who are not kind to you, being there for someone who needs to share what they're going through, giving of your time and/or money to those in need, praying for others to know God, and any other number of ways of sharing God's provisions and love.

Father, thank you for this year of learning how to be grateful in all circumstances.  May I not only count my blessings, but share them.

Link to Scripture:  Colossians 3:2

Take Action:  Thanksliving
                     

                           

5 comments:

  1. Love your inspirational ideas. Have a blessed Thanksgiving Sis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table. Somehow I'm just seeing this. I love how it enhances the beautiful color of your walls!

    ReplyDelete