"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Where There is Hope


"Where there is hope there's a way."

These words came to me yesterday when I saw a photo of a rainbow in an on-line devotional I was reading.  This is a photo I took in 2012 while on vacation on Martha's Vineyard.  For 10 minutes everyone outside the restaurant we'd just left stood in silent awe. . . .  

When I wrote those words in my journal the health challenge one of my sons faces was weighing heavily on my mind.  God first used a rainbow set in the sky to assure me I could meet the challenge of caring for my critically-ill mother in my home.  It involved arranging for an air ambulance to fly her to Maryland from Florida, arranging for her care here, then eventually caring for her in my home during the last year of her life.  I had three children ages 14, 11, and 5 to care for as well.  It felt like an impossible challenge to me and even now 25 years later I'm even more keenly aware I did not do it alone.  God was in it every step of the way.  

Since then whenever I see a rainbow I am reminded that my hope is in God and that He works all things for good for those who love Him.  With the turmoil our country is facing on the eve of the upcoming election my photo reminds me, with the American flag bravely waving, that God works all things for good for those who love Him no matter how daunting the outcome looks.  

Father, where there is hope in YOU the way is cleared to meet every challenge before us.  May I find peace in this Truth. 

Link to scripture:  Psalm 28:7 

Take action:

                       


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful testimony I can relate too. When my son Christopher died, a couple of days later I went out to get the mail & saw a double rainbow right over my home. I felt it was GOD's way of saying that my son was now with his beloved Grandmother. It gave me comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of you often and how you must miss him terribly. Someone has said that in those moments when you are missing someone, it is their presence you are feeling, not his absence. ❤️

      Delete