"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Thursday, November 8, 2018

A Season for Everything




I did a post on Morning Musings the other day called Life.  I mused about the changing of seasons in my life, and, as God often does, He used it to bring something that I needed to see to my attention.  I'd written, In each period I often struggled with feeling burdened with getting life right.

Those words were still with me this morning when I became aware that I was ignoring my cat's meows because I was focused on myself so much her cries for my attention were going unheeded.  As I jotted all this down in my journal I found myself writing, "I can see now that if my focus had been on Jesus from the beginning, I'd have no trouble transitioning from one season to another.  Like the seasons of the earth, the transition of the seasons in my life would be gradual.  God would be able to prepare me for the next if I'd just let go of focusing on myself, or anyone else, and put it on Him instead." 

I realized that if my focus is on myself I will feel burdened to get life right.  If my focus is on Christ, I can do all things through HimHis yoke is easy and His burden is light.

Here are other posts I've written on the seasons of life:

Changing Seasons 

A Matter of Time


Father, as I watch the season change outside my window, may it remind me that just as you are the Creator of the Seasons in nature, You are the Creator of the Seasons in my life.

Link to Scripture:  Matthew 11:30

Take Action:  If you are having trouble keeping your focus on Christ, consider this:

Lay Your Burden Down

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this , as usual, wonderful and timely message for me. It came just as I too, was in the midst of thinking of myself today, and feeling overwhelmed with situations. However, just a minute into thinking about God, and knowing His divine Plan was in place for me already, made me feel less selfish. I love your message here of the seasons of Life and seasons in the weather, and if we focus on God more the seasons of all are kinder to us, more moderate and gentle. I see you have a wonderful library started there for me too.. and I love TD JAKES ...getting that book tomorrow. Many thanks for your love for God and the Light you are for me all the time in everything you write so humbly and honestly for God. You have helped me learn more about myself, and not be afraid to go to therapy about issues I need help with, and also given me such hope with using your own life as an example of walking the talk. God bless you richly in all ways. Love, Merri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Merri, for sharing your journey. I am praying that you will continue to grow deeper in your faith so that your trust in Him will carry you through the seasons ahead. ❤️May we both keep our eyes upon Jesus!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post and lovely thoughts on the changing seasons in our lives. Ecclesiastes the third chapter has always been a favorite scripture text for me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Debbie, for stopping by and sharing your thoughts as well.

      Delete