"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Balance

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 
 -Philippians 4:13



I recently did a post on Morning Musings about my "Word for the Year". . . .  

BALANCE

It was only a matter of days before the Lord showed me an area of my life that was out of balance that I had not seen before.  I was reading a devotional about not growing weary in "well doing" based on Galatians 6:9.  The author wrote:

"The Holy Spirit will empower me to hold tight, hang on, and remain steady and steadfast until I reap my harvest and enjoy the fruit of my faith and labor."

This is when I saw the scales with faith on one side and labor on the other.   When I try to labor in my own strength, I will grow weary.  This is commonly known as burn-out.  When my labor is the result of my faith, Christ in me carries the burden and I am empowered to do what needs to be done.  When I labor in my own strength I am prone to force something to grow or change.  When my labor is by the power of the Holy Spirit the result is not my concern.  I am just to show up and do the work according to His Will and purpose.  My own wants in the matter will recede and I will have what I need to carry out His assignment, to hang in there as long as it takes, and to be at peace about the whole process from beginning to end.  It's all about making sure my labor is balanced, i.e. fueled, by my faith in Christ to do the work through me.

Father, thank you for helping me to see this.  Now, help me not to forget it!

Link to scripture:  Galatians 5:22-23

Take action:

                       


No comments:

Post a Comment