"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Crossroads

"That moment becomes a great crossroads in our lives...."
-Oswald Chambers


"Crossroads" has become my Word for the Year as I've written about on my Morning Musings blog.  Chambers is referring to the choice we have to make when God's will opposes our own will.  He says a crisis usually has to come into our life before we choose to follow God's will.  That's because we tend to be unresponsive to God's "gentler nudges."  You know what they are--that still small voice that says "you shouldn't" or "you should."  It's too easy to explain away that voice.  Chambers writes, "He brings us to the place where we begin to debate...That moment becomes a great crossroads in our lives...."  He finishes, "Surrender your will to Jesus absolutely and irrevocably."

I've been at a crossroads several times this past year.  I'm still waiting to see if I took the right road.  Knowing God's will is not always easy if all your choices are seemingly good.  If you desire to do God's will, it's easy to choose between good and bad because you will choose good.  But if it's a matter of which one of two good things to choose from, I may fall prey to choosing the one I think is best because it is what I want, or at least think I want.  This is why I've set my cell phone to remind me to pray three times a day for God's will to be done in my life and in the world.  It is a good reminder to me that if I'm making it my conscious effort to do His will, no matter what happens, it must be God's will for me, whether I like it or not, whether it was part of my plans for my life.  

In the end, I can trust that whatever circumstance I find myself in, it can bring me closer to Him even if it turns out to be the wrong choice.  Ultimately, He works all things for my good if I will "surrender my will absolutely and irrevocably."

Father, thank you for each new day to begin again, placing my hand and heart in Yours, so that together I will choose the path You've prepared for me.

Link to scripture:  Psalm 119:35

Take Action:


                       


No comments:

Post a Comment