"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Friday, April 8, 2022

The Resurrection Life


"Christ literally lives in you.  You're the evidence of the resurrection.  Your life is evidence that Jesus lives."  --Andrew Farley 


As we approach the celebration of Jesus' death and resurrection we mustn't just go through the motions.  It should be a time of examining what Jesus' resurrection has actually done for us.


When we accept God's gift of forgiveness we receive the Holy Spirit that Jesus sent to us when He returned to Heaven to be with His Father.  Andrew Farley's message above (you can watch the entire sermon HERE) points out that we are the evidence of Jesus' resurrection because He lives in us.  Like the water bubbling out of the rock in the photo, Christ, our rock, sends His fountain of goodwill into the world through us. He may no longer walk on this earth, but those who do not quench His Spirit are His emissaries.  Our lives now reflect Him.


Dr. Farley has also spoken to the question of whether we need to keep being filled.  No!  When we are born again in the Spirit we have all that we need.  Instead, Dr. Farley says we do need to be more conscious of God's love.  In fact, a Christian cannot lose his faith in God because the Holy Spirit in you cannot not disown Himself.  What we sometimes doubt is God's love because we have not learned His ways yet.  This is our spiritual journey.  The more we trust God, the more we will experience His love.  This is what we call grace.  I like to sum it up this way:  God is good and He only wants what's best for me.  


This morning I came across this quote by Carter Lindberg that sums it up even better:  

Faith [is] the enabling ground of the person content to be human and to let God be God.


It's by faith that I am able to let God be God in my life.  I can  be content being human, acknowledging I need God.  I can quit trying to be perfect because I have the Holy Spirit in me leading, sustaining, providing all I need.  For this, I can forever grateful! 


 Father, it's because I've not been content being human that I've used my own devices to try to be like You!  All I need to do is acknowledge You as my Lord and submit to Your leading.  I know now that the more I am aware of just how much You love me, the easier this will be!


Link to Scripture:  John 14:6

Take Action: Filled With the Spirit - Andrew Farley

                              

                           


No comments:

Post a Comment