"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Friday, December 16, 2022

Rejoice and Be Glad

 "This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."  --Psalm 118:24


The photo is taken from the cover of the small notebook I use to make my daily To Do List.  It is a reminder for me to rejoice IN ALL THINGS, even in the house chores on my list.  I am grateful to have a house to clean, for the ability to clean it, and for how it makes me feel to have it clean and in order.

In this holiday season my daily list grows, but I find much JOY in preparing for it......a season of giving to others.  Whether it's decorating my house to make it look festive, baking cookies, preparing meals, giving gifts, all these things are ways in which I express my love to my family and friends.

When Jesus appeared on earth he went about sharing God's love with everyone he met.   He often fed hungry people, healed them of their affliction, and comforted those who were afraid.  He gave them the gift of hope and peace of mind.  The greatest gift he gave, though, was the everlasting gift of life in Him.  By being born of a woman, sharing in humanity's struggles, and then suffering so that God's justice could be carried out, he gave us the lifetime gift of being in God's Kingdom, here on earth and in Heaven.

Yes, we have MUCH to rejoice and be glad about!  God gave us the greatest gift of all---Jesus Christ!

Father, thank you for giving me new life, free from the guilt of my sins, so that I can share in the glory of Your grace and love.

Link to Scripture:  Luke 2:10-11

Take Action:  Joy to the World!


                           
         

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Cathy. Love this old Christmas Carol. Thank you for your lovely posts. See you in 2023 - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoy them. Merry Christmas to you, too, Debbie! ❤️

      Delete
  2. Lovely thoughts to remember as we remember the birth of our Lord and Savior. Merry Christmas, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May your Christmas be a joyous one, Martha Ellen! ❤️

      Delete
  3. I love the picture :-) Yes, God gave us the greatest gift of all---Jesus Christ! He's worth 1,000 hallelujahs. More actually :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, I hope you had a most wonderful Christmas season and wish you all the best in the coming year.
    Forgive me if I am being repetitive - I'm just catching up with email, months of email -- we moved in November and I am not really myself yet. It was such a whirlwind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine. We did have a wonderful Christmas. I hope you did too amongst the chaos of getting settled into a new home. ❤️

      Delete