"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Friday, February 17, 2012

Love Letters Part III

I love sunrises!  They're such a beautiful way to start a day.  Whenever we go on a vacation near a beach I'll rouse my family to join me to see the sun rise over the Atlantic ocean.  These photos were taken in Boca Raton, Florida in 1993 while visiting my mother:







Alan Cohen writes that the first five years of a child's life are the formative years because they "imprint the important programs upon which a life will be built."  He then points out, "Each day is like a life unto itself and so the first minutes of each day are the formative minutes.  We must take special care to sound the keynote that will set the tone for our entire day."  


The first thing I do upon waking is pray for the people I know while listening for signs that Ken is awake.  Once he is, we'll snuggle for awhile.  No married couple should get out of bed until they've had this time together.  When the boys were little we did not always have this luxury.  I wish now we had set the alarm to ensure we had the time to do it every day.


Once I'm up I get my cup of coffee and bring Poetry and Gabriel back to bed with me.....
Gabriel's yawning because I got him up way too early...


.....where I read and meditate, then write in my journal.


Just like each day's rising sun, my family and pets, and the time to climb back into my cozy bed with a good cup of coffee are a love letter to me from God, my prayer and meditation, love expressed to my family and pets, and my writings are my love letter to God.  I can't imagine starting my day off any better than that!


Father, thank You for the love You give me each day.  May I always make a point of passing it on so that it can grow and return to You overflowing.


Link to scripture:  1 John 4:16-21


Link to: Good Day Sunshine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment