"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Reflections

I got the idea that I wanted to put a mirror over the mantel on that vacant spot over our fireplace:


My thought was I could sit on the couch facing the fireplace and be able to see this view reflected from the large window behind me:


So Ken hung it for me.  This is what I saw instead:


That ceiling fan. ....... What was I thinking?!  I'm obviously not very good with geometry.  I had him take it down before I thought to take a picture of it....before I thought to write about my mistake.


It was only later I got to thinking about how if we are too "high and mighty" we can't expect to reflect anything of real interest to people.  We have to be real like Jesus was real--the down-to-earth type of real--in order to make a difference.  It's there that people will be able to see themselves in you and be encouraged by it and want to do better.  


But we must be careful.  Are we not better at seeing the fault in another rather than our own?  The old adage "it takes one to know one" is mirrored in the scripture that says we must take the plank out of our own eye first.  It would serve us much better to realize this and see our own reflection in that mirror.  


Father, I want my life to reflect You.  Help me to see myself as I am so that I will seek You instead of trying to be something I am not.


Link to scripture:  Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment