"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Right Before You


Did you like to play Hide and Seek when you were a child?
William Henry Knight - "Hide and Seek"

I always got a thrill when it was my turn to hide, and when I was the seeker it was just as much fun because I loved solving a mystery.....where could my friend be hiding?!

In "Wisdom of the Heart" Alan Cohen reflects, "God lives in your heart and speaks to you through your intuition, visions, and dreams....When you're ready to find rather than seek, your answers will show up everywhere."  

How often do we overlook the answer to our prayer because we're still in the seeking mode rather than the finding mode?  It may be that we love the thrill of the hunt more than the treasure we're seeking.  Or, it might be that we have a particular answer in mind that we miss the one God has for us.   

I was committed to staying home with my children rather than working outside the home no matter what it meant I had to sacrifice in material goods.  This was put to the test after our second child was born.  We consulted a realtor about putting our house on the market, but God provided and we did not need to sell our house.  I learned an even more valuable lesson--that God does indeed answer prayer if our hearts are open to receiving whatever He deems fit.  So when I saw other young mothers requesting prayer for a particular job to be theirs I never felt comfortable praying in that way.  Instead I would always pray that the financial difficulty they were experiencing that prompted their desire to get a job would be resolved, whatever that might "look like".   It might mean they'd have to cut back drastically, or sell a car, or even their house....I was certain God would answer!  But, too often His answer went unnoticed and when the person asking prayer didn't receive the answer they sought they'd come away feeling like God hadn't heard or cared.  

God's answer is always right before us.  We just need to ask the right question then believe God wants what's best for us.

Father, thank you for always being there--right here--for me.  Help me to seek You in all things.  Then I know I shall find.

Link to scripture: Psalm 27:8

Take action:  
                           

Related Link:  Hide 'n Seek

No comments:

Post a Comment