"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Greenhouse

A few weeks ago I got the idea that I'd like to have a greenhouse.  My first thought was to have it be a standalone unit but there really wasn't a good place near the house to put it for electric and water to reach.  Somehow it suddenly dawned on me there was a space along side the garage to build a lean-to unit.  This is what the area looks like:

We'd have to dig out a 7 foot by 12 foot area in order for it to fit under the bay window bump out.  The house would form the 4th wall.  There is a faucet right there and the window at ground level leads into the garage where we could access electricity.  To top it off it has a southern exposure.  It's as though that spot has been just waiting for me to get the idea to put a greenhouse there!


Because I'm a recycler big-time I scan the newspaper and second-hand shops for used items whenever I looking to purchase something.   And this morning I hit the jackpot.  Free bricks for the flooring of my greenhouse--500 free bricks.  It took two trips with the mini-van but here they are:

I'd seen the ad before and remarked that I wished I'd needed bricks then, so you can imagine my delight to have another chance at them.  I called at 8:30 this morning.  The fellow wasn't at his home but gave me directions and said help myself.


I've had this sort of thing happen to me before and I'm beginning to see a pattern.  The gifts God has for us are already there waiting for us to see our need for them and then open our eyes and hearts to find them.  Those free bricks weren't given to me especially--they were there for anyone to have--but I got to them first!  Thankfully, God's free gift of salvation is endless.  You don't have to be first in line or anything else to get it.  You just have to know you need it and then ask for it with an open heart to receive it.


Father, thank You for providing me with all that I need.  May I never forget that Your gifts are free for the taking when I seek You first.  Now, please point me to the cinderblocks and windows that we need!☺


Link to Scripture:  Matthew 6:25-34

No comments:

Post a Comment