"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Trust

Ever feel like you've been hung up by your ankles and left to fend for yourself?


If you're four, hanging upside down for a moment or two can be quite fun as evidenced by the photo.  (Note:  No children harmed in the making of this photo!)  But as we get older it doesn't feel much like fun anymore.  I think this is because somewhere along the way we've lost the sense of trust this little boy obviously has in his father.  It's understandable when it comes to people, because people don't always know what's best for us and they can make mistakes.....but our Father, God, does know what's best and He never makes a mistake.

Father, may I never forget Who's holding onto me when I feel my world's been turned upside down.

Link to scripture:  Matthew 10:29

1 comment:

  1. HOw fund is that! It brings me to a memory too of my dad, each night, picking me up and THROWING ME in be.. from high up a he was way over six feet!! Mom used to be sacred of it.. but she grew to see how much fun I had flying up and then
    landing in bed!! The innocence of childhood keeps us more open to God for sure!!! We are bot layered with such heavy feeling of fear.. we are FEARLESS! I like that word too Trust fearlessly in God!!!
    \I will do that today as the snows are heavy from the skies.... rag snowflakes as a friend in Ely uo way NORTE used to say.. ' It is snowing rags"------ and for sure it is today. BUT, the but is a good one.. BUT GOD saw to it yesterday that I was able to get out on the ice... again trust..and get a few items to tied me over for this huge blizzard of rag snow we are getting. Again I was not going to go out.. afraid of the ice..stood in the door to our building and when Jorhe pulled up I waved for him to turn his window down, but instead he came up the walk to me!!!! He said " Come on , walk like a Penguin...so we did!!!! I was amazed how easily I could walk on the sheer ice.... God holding me up !! Thank you for your lovely photo.. Olivia's dad so sweet. bet he does that to her now!!!!! Blessings.. and thank you so much for all this.. it is snowiong me in .. going to be a lot of snow.. but by trusting God... it is so beautiful to see it !!!!! and feel the safe calm of it all. Merri

    ReplyDelete