"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Sunday, January 8, 2012

All God's Creatures

I put this bird feeder in the window next to my bed so that my cat, Poetry, could see it and be entertained.




As you can see it has her full attention!  Unfortunately, the squirrels have discovered it and that has captured my dog, Gabriel's, attention as well.




Being a terrier he's tenacious about wanting to get at that squirrel.  But that's not the only problem the squirrels create.  They knock a lot of the bird seed out of the feeder to the point I wonder if the birds get very much for themselves.  But then I discovered that it wasn't going to waste.  This is the view from the basement window just below the bedroom window.  




The neighbor's chickens have discovered this feast.  And Poetry has discovered another entertainment.




This whole sequence of events has made me think about how God uses everything in our lives--nothing goes to waste for those who love Him.  I may think my efforts aren't bearing fruit, but because I can't see what's happening just below the surface in someone's life doesn't mean something isn't happening.  That's not my business anyway.  God just calls me to be faithful in loving and doing good.  I'm to leave the outcome to Him.  Additionally, I must never be exclusive to whom I show love.  Squirrels are God's creatures, too!  


Father, may I never forget that You are working all things for good.


Link to scripture:  Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment