"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hope

On this colorless January day I thought it would be nice to show what my garden looks like in the month of May.  



May is such a lovely month in my garden.  It's before the summer heat and lack of rain shrivel it and before the humidity brings out all the bugs to decimate what's left.  It's before the bold irises stop blooming and before the roses have finished their dazzling display.  Yet, despite what looms ahead, we gardeners will eagerly get on our hands and knees each Spring to clear out winter's debris and uncover signs of life poking through the cool soil.  We'll fertilize and water, then stand back and revel in the beauty we know will soon appear.  That is what Hope is for me.  It's getting on my hands and knees and doing the work needed long before I see any results.  It's trusting that something good will come forth...eventually.  And knowing that even if it's a bad summer and all my work seems for naught, I can trust that the perennials will come back next year and try again.


Father, may I always be about Your business of preparing the soil for the seed You provide.


Link to scripture:  Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment