"For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead..." Romans 1:20

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Joy

I had another topic in mind for today's post, but then I saw this in today's morning paper:



I did not know this young lady or her family, but I was touched by what I read.  She was just 15 when she died last Saturday.  I noted she'd been named Hannah Joy and that she probably had her physical limitations at birth.  But when I read "unable to communicate" I found tears welling up in my eyes--the kind that make you feel like you're choking.  As I read on I knew I had to share this amazing young lady's life with others.  


Hannah Joy's brief life puts mine into perspective and I feel ashamed that I don't wake up with this realization every morning just by way of breathing and being able to turn over and speak to my husband....to be able to sit here and communicate my thoughts and feelings on this page....to be able to enJOY life and show it on my face with the perpetual smile Hannah Joy had despite the restrictions she was born with.  With all the advantages I've been given and all the accomplishments I can list my only hope is when the time comes to write my obituary my family will be able to say "She showed us how to love....."


Father, I still have much to learn when it comes to loving as You love.  May all that I do be motivated by Love.


Link to scripture: 1 John 4:11-21

No comments:

Post a Comment